Jeff Mauro Biography
A native of Chicago, Illinois, Jeff Mauro is an American television host and chef. He is currently working as the co-host of the Food Network series The Kitchen.
Moreover, he is the host of Sandwich King and $24 in 24. Before his television career, he was one of the contestants and the winner of the seventh season of the Food Network Star competition. In his show, he incorporates local Chicago restaurants into the context of his show.
Jeff Mauro Age
Mauro is 44 years old as of 2022. He was born on July 24th, 1978 in Chicago Illinois.
Jeff Mauro Height and Weight
Jeff measures a standing height of 5 feet 9 inches tall. He also weighs 86 kilograms. In addition, Mauro has brown hair and brown eyes.
Jeff Mauro Weight Loss Surgery
In 2016, a photo of Jeff in his before and after the state was shared on a Facebook post. Most of the fans of the television show on Food Network took to social media congratulating him on his new youthful look as he had lost weight.
Considering his place of work, too many it seemed impossible as he was surrounded not only by the best chefs around but also by some of the sweetest dishes to be made. However, he went on to comment and reply that it wasn’t easy but if he could do it then anyone can.
According to the post, he had lost about 50 pounds in a healthy, slow, and consistent fashion over the past few years. This was also through a combination of OCF workouts and a monitored diet.
Jeff Mauro Family
Jeff is the loving son of August Mauro, his father, and Pam Mauro, his mother. Moreover, he has three siblings. He majorly spent most of his youth performing in school plays, Second City Chicago youth programs, and taking acting classes.
Jeff Mauro Wife
Mauro is a married man. He is happily married to his long-time girlfriend Sarah Mauro. The couple had previously dated for several years before eventually tying the knot in 2005. They have since been blessed with a son called Lorenzo Mauro. Lorenzo unlike his father is into martial arts and trains at Master S.H. Yu Martial Arts. The family currently resides in Chicago alongside their dog.
Jeff Mauro Son Accident
According to his post on September 8th, 2019, Jeff posted a photo of himself, his wife, and his son at home. He went on to update his fans that his son had snapped his femur while jogging in gym class. He continued to say that it also turned out that he had a cyst on his bone that made the femur weak which caused one little step to turn into 3 days of pain, surgery, and restless hospital nights.
Mauro said that at the end of it all, his son had his legs reinforced with plates and screws and was later sent home with a fresh new pair of crutches. He was ok to get back to focusing on healing and his daily funs like drumming, kicking, and laughing. His fans came together wishing his son a quick recovery.
Jeff Mauro Recipes
To view his diverse recipes, click here.
Jeff Mauro Products
To view his merchandise and make a purchase, click here.
Jeff Mauro Cookbook | Come On Over
On April 13th, 2021, Mauro published his first cookbook titled Come On Over: 111 Fantastic Recipes for the Family That Cooks, Eats, and Laughs Together. The cookbook entails mouthwatering dishes. It’s a cookbook for family and friendly gatherings from celebrity chef, Mauro.
Jeff Mauro Mashed Potatoes
Ingredients of the Mashed Potatoes
- 5 pounds Idaho russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Kosher salt
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, softened, plus more for greasing the dish
- 1 cup half-and-half, warmed
- 1/2 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, zested
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- For the mashed potatoes: Add the potatoes and 1 tablespoon salt to a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook over medium-high heat until fork-tender, about 15 minutes. Drain the potatoes and set them aside to dry.
- Whip together the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl with a hand mixer on medium speed until thoroughly blended, about 2 minutes. Add the still-warm potatoes alternating with the half-and-half. Whip until blended. Add in the pepper and garlic and season with salt to taste.
- Grease a 9-by-14-inch glass baking dish with butter and pour the potato mixture into it. Bake right away, or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- When ready to bake and serve, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the topping: Pour the melted butter over the potato mixture and bake until bubbly and slightly golden, about 45 minutes. Garnish with the chives and parsley. The potatoes can be kept warm in a 200-degree oven or tented with foil until ready to serve, up to 2 hours.
Jeff Mauro Wonton Soup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated with a rasp
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated with a rasp
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced, greens and whites separated
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 5 cups chicken bone broth or low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 heads baby bok choy, quartered lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- One 12-ounce package of frozen wontons (about 20)
- Kosher salt
- In a medium pot or Dutch oven, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, and white parts of the scallions and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the shiitakes and cook until they begin to soften another minute.
- Add the bone broth and bring it to a boil. Add the bok choy and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the bok choy is tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the soy sauce and stir. Add the wontons and cook until they are cooked through 2 to 3 minutes. Taste and season if necessary.
- Ladle into bowls, then top with the scallion greens. Serve immediately.
Jeff Mauro Net Worth
Over the years, Mauro has made a great fortune from his career as a television host as well as a chef. He has an estimated net worth of $2 million.
Jeff Mauro Website
To view his official website, click here.