Carole King Biography
A native of New York City, U.S. Carole King is an American singer, songwriter as well as a musician who has been active since the year 1958, initially as a member of the staff songwriters at the Brill Building and later as a solo artist. Regarded as one of the most significant and influential musicians of all time,
King is the most successful female songwriter of the latter half of the 20th century in the US, having written or co-written 118 pop hits on the Billboard Hot 100. King also wrote 61 hits that charted in the UK, making her the most successful female songwriter on the UK singles charts between 1962 and 2005.
King’s major success started in the 1960s when she and her first husband, Gerry Goffin, wrote more than two dozen chart hits, many of which have become standards, for numerous artists. She has continued writing for other artists since then. King’s success as a performer in her own right did not come until the 1970s, when she sang her own songs, accompanying herself on the piano, in a series of albums and concerts.
Carole King Age
Carole is 80 years old as of 2021, she was born on 9 February 1942 in Manhattan, New York, United States.
Carole King Height
King stands at a height of 5 feet 2 inches or 1.62 m. She weighs 119.05 lbs or 54kg. Her eye color is Brown and her hair color is Medium Brown.
Carole King Education
King joined Queens College, where she met Gerry Goffin, who was to become her songwriting partner. When she was 17 years old,
they married in a Jewish ceremony on Long Island in August 1959 after King became pregnant with her first daughter, Louise. They quit college and took day jobs, Goffin serving as an assistant chemist and King as a secretary.
Carole King Family
King was born as Carol Joan Kleinvto Jewish parents Eugenia (née Cammer), a teacher, and Sidney N. Klein, a firefighter.
King’s parents met in an elevator in the year 1936 at Brooklyn College, where her father was a chemistry major and her mother was an English and drama major.
Carole King Spouse
Carole is currently single, however, she has been married four times, to Gerry Goffin, Charles Larkey, Rick Evers, and Rick Sorenson.
In her 2012 memoir, King wrote that she had been physically abused by her third husband, Rick Evers, on a regular basis.: 282 Evers died of a cocaine overdose days after they separated in 1978. She currently resides in Idaho.
Carole King Children
She is a mother of four children, musicians Louise Goffin and Sherry Goffin Kondor, artists Molly Larkey and Levi Larkey.
Carole King Tapestry
King scored her breakthrough with the album Tapestry, which topped the U.S. album chart for 15 weeks in 1971 and remained on the charts for more than six years.
She has made 25 solo albums, the most successful being Tapestry, which held the record for most weeks at No. 1 by a female artist for more than 20 years. Her record sales were estimated at more than 75 million copies worldwide.
Carole King and James Taylor
King met James Taylor and Joni Mitchell and Toni Stern, along whom she collaborated on songs while in Laurel Canyon.
She made her first solo album, Writer, in the year 1970 for Lou Adler’s Ode label, with Taylor playing acoustic guitar and providing backing vocals. It peaked at number 84 on the Billboard.
Carole King Songs
- You’ve Got a Friend
- It’s Too Late
- I Feel the Earth Move
- So Far Away
- Jazzman Wrap Around Joy Where You Lead
- A Natural Woman
- Child of Mine
- Way Over Yonder
- Just call out my name
- Been to Canaan
- Smackwater Jack
- Now and Forever
- Welcome to My Living Room
- Will You Love Me Tomorrow
- You Can Do Anything
- It Might as Well Rain Until September
- Home Again
- Will You Love Me Tomorrow?
- Bitter With the Sweet
- Reasons You’ve Got a Friend
- Soup With Rice Really
- Natural Woman
Carole King Albums
- Tapestry 1971
- Live at the Troubadour 2010
- Music 1971
- In Concert 1994
- Pearls: Songs of Goffin and King 1980
- Rhymes & Reasons 1972
- Writer 1970
- Fantasy 1973
- City Streets 1989
- Thoroughbred 1975
- Wrap Around Joy 1974
- The Living Room Tour 2005
- Love Makes the World 2001
- Simple Things 1977
- One to One 1982
- A Holiday Carole 2011
- Touch the Sky 1979
- Live At Montreux 1973 2019
- Welcome Home 1978
- The Carnegie Hall Concert: June 18, 1971, 1996
- Colour of Your Dreams 1993
- Live At The Troubadour (Digital Wide) 2010
- The Care Bears Movie: Original Soundtrack Album 1985
- Tapestry: Live in Hyde Park 2017
- Really Rosie 1975 Speeding Time 1983
- Carole King: The Ode Collection 1994
- The Legendary Demos 2012
- Hits And Rarities From The Sixties 1995
- Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow (Live) 2019
- , EP A Natural Woman: The Ode Collection, 1968-1976 1994
- Her Greatest Hits: Songs of Long Ago 1978
- Beginnings 2021
- Live in London 1975 1991
- EP The Best of Carole King 2007
- The Essential Carole King 2010
- The Real… Carole King 2017
- Carole King Forever 2014
- Natural Woman: The Very Best of Carole King 2000
- Super Hits 2000
- Carole King (Live in Tokyo) 2018
- Breaking up Is Hard to Do 2017
- 100 Minutes With Carole King 2008
- Playlist: The Very Best of Carole King 2012
Carole King Net Worth
Kim has an estimated net worth of $ 70 million dollars as of 2022. Which she accumulates through her career as a singer, songwriter as well as a musician